There are numerous aspects involved in Post-LASIK care including follow-on consultations with the surgeon for lasik surgery in Delhi [https://visualaidscentre.com/lasik-eye-surgery/], the rehabilitation plan that you need to follow, and particular instructions. In general, post-LASIK care refers to how you care for your eyes following surgery to get the desired outcomes. Before lasik surgery, inform about the lasik surgery cost in India.
LASIK involves creating a tiny flap in the outer layer of the cornea with a specialized laser to access and ablate the tissue beneath with a second laser, changing the curvature of the cornea to cure refractive defects that affect vision. The flap will reseal spontaneously without the need for sutures or other medical intervention in a few days.
It is critical to avoid touching your eyes or doing anything else that might lead to infection in the incision or dislodging the flap during the healing process. The eye drops to aid with dry eye and keep your eyes moist frequently form part of a post-LASIK care regimen. A painkiller might also be administered for the first day or two to treat discomfort.
You will have to check for your healing and eyesight 24-48 hours following LASIK surgery. They also evaluate whether changes are required to the care plan. Sequestration of at least six months following operation should be continued to ensure recovery goes as planned.
Complications with flap healing, visual issues, or infections might happen when the eyes do not receive adequate post-LASIK care. It is essential to take care of your eyes during the healing period to reduce the risks and problems associated with LASIK.
Here are some broad guidelines on what to do — and what to avoid — following LASIK surgery in Delhi
- Wait until you can see enough to drive.
- For the first week or so, limit screen usage and aim to avoid all screens for the first day or two.
- For at least a month, refrain from rubbing your eyes.
- Wait for a shower and wash your hair for at least a day.
- Keep the shampoo, shower water, and soap as far as you can from your eyes.
- Use the eye protection for at least one week at night during sleep, as long as the doctor advises it.
- Stay for a few weeks away from spas, hot tubs, pools, saunas.
- Take it easy and not take part in hard work, during the first two to three days like exercise.
- Wear sunglasses for at least one month when out in the sun.
- Stay away from dusty or filthy settings for at least a week.
- Do not use makeup for one or two weeks or apply lotion or lotions around your eyes.
- Carefully shave cream and hair spray. Be cautious.
- Wear protective eyelids for several months during contact sports, only wait a few weeks before returning to sports.
- Use frequent eye drops to keep your eyes dry.
- Keep your surgical care team’s treatment plan stated and utilize any medicines as prescribed.
- Talk to your doctor about any questions or concerns and attend your follow-up visits.
To know about lasik surgery cost in india visit here: https://visualaidscentre.com/service/lasik-surgery-cost-india/